Have you participated in the Lost Coast Design’s “Day of the Dead” challenge yet? If not, you still have time to join in on the fun. Check out the card and instructions below for some inspiration.
Lost Coast Designs Stamps:
- Olive Green Textured Cardstock cut and folded into 4″ x 6″ top folding card base.
- White & Black Cardstock
- Sheer Ribbon
- Adhesive gems
- Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Mr. Huey’s Color Mists
- Spray about 3 different colors of Mr. Huey’s Colormist Spray onto your craft mat and then lay down a piece of cardstock (appox. 4″ x 6″ in size) into the wet ink. Allow to dry. Repeat this step with a smaller piece of cardstock (approx. 2 1/2″ x 3″ in size)
- With Versafine Onyx Black ink, Stamp Doodle Flower Background onto the larger piece of inked paper and one of the Small skulls onto smaller piece.
- Cut the Doodle flower image into three 2″ x 2″ squares and one 1/2″ by 4″ strip.
- Trim around skull image, mount onto black cardstock and then trim again (leaving a small edge of black around the skull.
- With black ink, edge card and elements.
- Adhere inked paper strip (that you cut in step 3) approx. 2″ from the top of the card.
- Adhere the three doodle squares across the top of the paper strip and trim. See card to example.
- Tie sheer black ribbon around the card front over the top of the 3 squares element.
- Adhere skull to card base, see card to placement.
- Embellish with black adhesive gems, see card for placement.
Now let us see your “Day of the Dead” masterpiece!! Just click below and link of your project.