Back today to give you the second project in the Art Journaling with DecoArt four part series. We are building on last week’s skill set with a few new mediums and techniques. This week is all about building layers with beautiful colors! Instructions come to you in video form this week. Oh Happy day!
DecoArt featured products:
- DecoArt Dimensional Effects
- DecoArt Americana Stencils: Gears & Spirited
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Cotton Candy, Zinc, Sea Glass
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallic, Teal
- DecoArt Dura Clear, Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Americana Premium, White Gesso & Texture Medium
Key techniques for this projects:
- Using Dimensional Effects over a stencil
- Using Texture Medium to create texture
- Use Acrylic Paint in Spray format
- Creating layers by adhere decorative napkin to background with Matte Varnish
Other Products used:
- The Robin’s Nest Dew Drops: Mens
- Ranger, Archival Ink—Jet Black
- Tim Holtz, Idea-ology—Quote Chips
- Fiskers, Teresa Collins stamps
- Paper Accents Chipboard Butterfly
- Napkin with design
- Prima paper flowers
- Bead Landing gears
- Tulle, Ribbon & junk jewelry pieces
I really love Art Journaling and I hope these projects are inspiring you to try it out as well!
Are you interested in a specific DecoArt product? If so, leave me a comment and I will do my best to feature it in a future post.
Hope you have a great weekend!