Sharing a new project with you all that I just completed tonight while watching the Olympics. We enjoy watching all the Olympians compete and excel in their events. It is one of those times when you, of course, root for your own country while still being pleased when someone from another country does well. The talent of all these athletes are amazing.
A lot of texture on this page. I started by adding texture powder and sand to texture paste, then I applied this mixture to the canvas with a palette knife. Next I added book text and additional texture with smooth texture paste through a stencil. The canvas was then covered with a layer of gesso.
I then painted the canvas with a base layer of acrylic paint. Lots of steampunk elements (pre-prepped with gesso) were then adhered to the canvas until I liked the overall effect. Metallic acrylic paints were then used to paint and highlight the keys, gears, arrows and other embellishments. I then treated the entire canvas with a layer of satin varnish.
- DecoArt Acrylic Paint – Bittersweet, Fawn, Honey Brown
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics – Royal Ruby, Venetian Gold, Rich Espresso, Peacock Pearl, Zinc
- DecoArt – Satin Varnish
- DecoArt – White Gesso
- DecoArt Stencil – Pixelated
- Brea Reese – Texture Powder & Sand
- Solid Oak, Inc. – Steampunk Gears
- Creative Embellishiments – Laser Cut Chipboard Gears
- Vintage finds
- Bead Landing – Found Objects
- Momenta – Metal Roses
- BoBunny – Laser Cut Chipboard clock
Hope you all are also enjoying the Olympics and rooting for your favorites!