Since my last journal page was a bit dark and dreary, I thought I would post the page I made tonight (which has a much more positive message).
This page was quite fun and whimsical to make. I used a stamp set from innovativestampcreations.com that has terrific dragronfly and dress images. So I decided to use the dragronfly wings from one stamp with a dress stamp to create the focal image. The dress was created by spraying Glimmermist over a stencil onto watercolor paper, I then stamped the dress with archival ink and cut it out by hand. For the head, I disassembled an old cameo button and used just the face portion of the button for this element. The wings were stamped directly onto the journal page with archival ink.
The background is layers of gesso, Gelatos, acrylic paints, gloss gel, texture paste (applied over a stencil), and book text. Text stamps were also used to create additional interest in the background along with black and white paint splatters. To finish up, I added shadowing with Pitt Pens, stamped a saying, and embellished the dress with mini-flowers and adhesive pearls.
I like the depth of color that I ended up with on this page as well as the texture from the stencils/texture paste and book text. I also think the whimsical focal point goes well with the saying.
- Tim Holtz Collection, stencil (harlequin)
- TCW Stencil designed by Jaine, Floral Frenzy
- Stamps by innovativestamps.com
- Saying stamp by Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous
- Background text stamp by Heidi Swapp
- Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
- Finnabair Art Basics, White Gesso
- Faber-Castell, Gelatos (Comet, Butter Cream, Odyssey, Watermelon, Starburst)
- My Tattered Angels, Glimmermist & Matte Mist (Rich Mocha, Ginger, Saffron, Cherry)
- Liquitex, Soft Body Acrylic – Mars Black
- Liquitex, Gloss Gel
- Ranger, Adirondack Acrylics (Lettuce, Cranberry)
- Ranger, Texture Paste
- Recollections, Paper Flowers
- Triveni Craft, Adhesive Pearls
Hope you found this page inspiring enough to try an Art Jouranl page of your own!