Finally finished up the 5 x 7 canvas (treated with Gesso) that I have been working on over the last day or two. This canvas features a texture paste, stenciled background at the top portion of the canvas and old clothing pattern pieces at the bottom of the canvas.
The entire background was then treated with a combination of chalk paint and ink sprays. Stencil creme was used to highlight the pattern of the stencil and a script stamp was used to build up the layering. The paper layers and fibers under the focal point were aged with Distress Ink /Oxides and Pitt pens were used to add shading around the border of the canvas. For the focal point, I pulled out my stash of sealing wax and used the melted wax as the glue for the beads. As you can see, a few more embellishments were added here and there to finish up the piece.
I haven’t used sealing wax on my project for years, it was fun to dust off an old product and used it again. I think it really added some nice interest to this canvas.
- Art Minds, Chalk Paint
- My Tattered Angels, Glimmer Mist
- Various Beads & Metal Embellishments
- Prima, Decorative Frames
- Firefly, Ephemera
- Ranger, Archival Ink
- Plaid, Folkart Stencil Creme
- Ranger, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide & Distress Ink
- Club Scrap, Script stamp from Paris Flea Market set
- The Angel Company, Be Artistic stamp
- Prima, Stencil
- Ranger, Texture Paste
- Liquitex, Gloss Medium
- Finnabair, Art Basic Gesso
- Fiber-Castell, PITT artist pens
- Old clothing pattern pieces
- Sealing wax
Happy day to you,